Friday, January 6, 2012

Hedo Turkoglu sets record for pizza's eaten in a lockout shortened season

Orlando Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu has set an unofficial record for eating pizzas. The Guinnes Book of World Records has yet to confirm that he has broken the record previously set by Sir Charles Barkley in 1999. Amazingly, Turkoglu has eaten an estimated 39 pizza pies in 13 days.

"It's incredible. I've never seen anything like it," perennial All-Star center Dwight Howard said when asked to comment on his teammate's achievement. "I kind of wish he'd put this much effort into his defense but I guess that's never happening. And, to be fair, I get a sweet fort to play in with my G.I. Joes," the 6 foot 11 man child added.



Turkoglu's locker looks like a fort made out of pizza boxes and the season has just begun. Apparently, the Turkish international eats at least 3 pies a day, switching up the toppings as he goes. "I like pizza, what can you do?" the small forward said as he chowed down on a slice of double pepperoni and chugged a half liter of coke during a pre-game interview. He then belched and wiped his mouth.

Dominos have publicly popped champagne and laughed their heads off in response to Turkoglu's feat.